A private limited company is a type of company that is privately held by a small group of shareholders. It is one of the most popular business structures in India due to its benefits such as limited liability protection, ease of management, and increased credibility.
Process Of Private Limited Company Registration
- Obtain Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) The first step in the process of registering a private limited company is to obtain a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) for all the directors of the company. A DSC is a digital signature issued by a certifying authority that validates the identity of the person signing the documents electronically.
- Obtain Director Identification Number (DIN) The next step is to obtain a Director Identification Number (DIN) for all the directors of the company. This is a unique identification number issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) to identify the directors of the company.
- Apply for the company name The third step is to apply for the company name with the Registrar of Companies (ROC). The name should be unique and not similar to any existing company name. The ROC may reject the name if it is found to be identical or similar to an existing company name or if it violates any provisions of the Companies Act.
- Drafting of Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA) The fourth step is to draft the Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA) of the company. The MOA contains the main objects and the scope of the company’s activities, while the AOA contains the rules and regulations for the internal management of the company.
- Filing of incorporation documents The fifth step is to file the incorporation documents with the ROC. These documents include the MOA, AOA, and various other forms and declarations. Once the documents are verified by the ROC, a Certificate of Incorporation (COI) is issued, and the company is deemed to be registered.
- Obtain Permanent Account Number (PAN) and Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN) The final step is to obtain a Permanent Account Number (PAN) and a Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN) for the company. These are mandatory for all companies in India and are used for tax purposes.
Benefits of Private Limited Company Registration in India:
- Limited Liability Protection The shareholders of a private limited company have limited liability protection, which means that their personal assets are not at risk in case the company incurs any debts or losses.
- Ease of Management A private limited company is easier to manage than other types of companies, as it has a clear management structure and defined roles and responsibilities for each director.
- Increased Credibility A private limited company has a separate legal identity, which enhances its credibility and reputation in the market. It is easier for a private limited company to raise funds and attract investors as compared to other types of companies.
- Tax Benefits A private limited company is eligible for various tax benefits and exemptions under the Income Tax Act, such as deductions for business expenses and depreciation of assets.
- Easy Transferability of Ownership The ownership of a private limited company can be easily transferred by selling or transferring shares, which makes it easier for the shareholders to exit the company whenever they want.
Registering a private limited company in India involves various steps and procedures that need to be followed in order to comply with the legal requirements. However, the benefits of a private limited company, such as limited liability protection, ease of management, and increased credibility, make it a popular choice for entrepreneurs and investors. It is advisable to seek the help of a professional company registration service provider to ensure