Everyone wants to be at the top of Google search results. We must also have an appealing appeal to grab the attention of users once they see us after a Google search. You are invited to learn how you can do it! You may have heard of meta descriptions.
We will explain what they do, how they work, and how you can write one to improve your SEO strategy.
It is important to understand certain concepts before diving into the meta-description.
- SEO: SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the application of strategies or techniques to optimize search engine results such as Google.
- Search Engine Results Page: When we talk about SERPs we mean the list of search results that appear in a search engine such as Google. These are the websites that Google displays when we type a query.
- Keywords:m Keywords are terms we consider to be important for a site. They are also used by Google users when they search for something on Google.
- Meta tags: The meta title and description are the fundamental tags that describe the content appearing in the search engine. This is the first thing users see on our site before they enter it.
- Click-through Rate (CTR: This metric measures the number of clicks that a link receives from search engines about impressions. Also, learn what’s the difference between cost-per-click (CPC) bidding and cost-per-view (CPV) bidding.
What’s the purpose of the meta description
A Meta description must contain keywords. This will help improve and facilitate search results. The meta description is written to get the most visits to increase the number and quality of visits to the site.
Because clicks translate into visits from Google (or other organic traffic), they are crucial for positioning the site.
Why implement a meta description?
Although it can be difficult to rank first on Google organically, it is possible. After a good SEO strategy has been implemented, the site will begin to gain visibility. We must show a positive “approch” to get the user to click.
A meta description is therefore essential. It can improve positions but, above all, it uses visibility to capture clicks.
How do I create it? A concise and attractive meta description must be included. This will highlight the key features of your product. You should try to inspire curiosity and encourage people to click on your website.
How to create a meta description that is optimized and effective?
- Make sure you understand what is being offered.
- Good writing is essential.
- Briefly and originally describe the content.
- Use keywords
- To encourage users to click, create a call or call for action (examples: Continue reading, sign up, find out more, etc.).
- You can write between 130 and 146 characters
- Avoid using capital letters, quotes, or an ellipsis for all text. It can confuse.
- While emoticons and rich snippets are possible, you should not use them too often to draw attention.
- You should be honest about what you offer: Getting clicks that generate high bounce rates is worse than getting no clicks.
Where can I create or modify my meta description?
You can easily install the SEO plugin by Yoast to modify and create meta descriptions on WordPress sites.
Experts recommend that you should start with the home, contact, and main services and products to improve each meta description.
Make sure your text is appealing and remember the points we’ve mentioned. Contact us if you need help to improve your SEO strategy or to create a large-scale.