Do you aim to study abroad? Do you wish to study in a country that offers remarkable opportunities? If yes, then deciding to study in the USA will be your best bet.
Being known as the greatest economy in the world and home to 1 million+ international students, the USA is also popular for its world-renowned universities. A degree from an esteemed university in the US is accepted and hugely recognized around the world. It will prepare you with diverse career opportunities and prospects.
The country also boasts a rich culture that encourages and welcomes freedom and countless possibilities. Hence, your college life won’t only be about classes and learning but also about unraveling your personality and introspecting about yourself!
Apart from exploring the country’s newness, it is crucial to comprehend the details of pursuing higher study in the USA. In today’s comprehensive post, we will walk you through the best colleges, eligibility requirements to study in the country and scholarship opportunities you can avail to reduce your financial burden so that you can begin your new life in the best ways possible.
Let’s get started!
Top Colleges to Study in the US
According to the best minds associated with abroad study consultancy services, the college or universities you decide to go to can have an immense impact on the rest of your life. So, it’s perhaps wise to conduct an extensive research process first.
The USA is home to some of the most renowned universities in the world. To aid you, we have compiled a ranking of the best universities and colleges as per the QS Top University Rankings that can help you fulfill your academic endeavors effectively-
QS Top University Rankings
Name of Universities
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
California Institute of Technology
University of Chicago
University of Pennsylvania
University of Michigan- Ann Arbor
John Hopkins University
University of California, Berkeley
University of California, Los Angeles
New York University
University of California, San Diego
Eligibility Requirements to Study in the United States of America
To secure admission to any of the best universities in the US for a pathway or degree program, it is crucial to meet the minimum academic and English-level entry requirements.
Each international university and college evaluates your proficiency in the English language through the below-mentioned exams-
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
For academic qualifications, it is crucial to ensure you have high grades in previous academic studies, like an undergraduate course or a high school diploma.
If your grades aren’t that brilliant for an undergraduate program, you choose to enroll in an undergraduate pathway program.
Have a look at the list of eligibility requirements for various study programs in the US-
- High School Diploma
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 to 3.60
- Minimum TOEFL 61 to 100, or equivalent
Undergraduate Pathway Programs
- High School Diploma
- Minimum GPA of 2.00 to 3.00
- Minimum TOEFL score of 55 to 79, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 to 3.25
- Minimum TOEFL score of 78 to 100, or equivalent
Now, if you believe you can pass these necessary criteria, then you must choose to go ahead and apply to the university of your choice. However, that, too, will need you to have certain essential documents.
Have a look at the list of crucial documents required for both undergraduate and Master’s programs-
- Relevant proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP, PTE Academic)
- Academic transcripts from the previous study programs
- Standardized test scores- ACT, SAT, GMAT, or GRE
- Copy of a valid passport
- Recommendation letters
- Strong evidence of finances to cover your study costs
- Statement of purpose
Scholarship Opportunities to Study in the US
A close look at eminent forums of visa assistance services will help you understand that the US offers many excellent scholarship opportunities to international students, which are made available through different universities and companies.
Although to apply for a scholarship, you need to have extraordinary merit or pass through different barriers.
Let’s take a look at various excellent scholarship opportunities that can cater to your needs and cover the tuition fees and living costs fully as well as partially-
- Fulbright Scholarships- This is a fully funded scholarship opportunity for international students. It is only offered for Masters and PhD studies. Fulbright Student Program covers a living stipend, full tuition fees, complete accommodation fees, health insurance and airfare.
- Stanford University Scholarships-It is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship opportunity is offered to students pursuing Masters’s and PhD at Stanford Universities. It covers full tuition fees, living allowance, traveling allowance, and academic expenses.
- AAUW International Fellowship Program- This is a fully funded scholarship offered by the American Association of University Women, USA. International students from all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship. It is only provided for graduate and postgraduate studies in any subject offered by the university. This remarkable program covers $18,000-30,000 per year, contingent upon meeting academic standards for renewal.
Apart from these, here’s a list of other scholarship opportunities to study in the USA-
- Yale university scholarships
- University of New Haven scholarship
- University of Memphis scholarship
- University of Minnesota fellowship
- ACI foundation scholarship
- Rotary Peace Fellowship Program
- Clark Global Scholarship Program
- The HAAA Scholarship
- Treasure Scholarship at Boise State University
- Boston University Presidential Scholarship
- Cornell University Financial Aid
- Jeffersons Scholars Foundation National Fellowship
- University of Miami Stamps Scholarship
- The University of Mississippi Scholarship
Studying abroad in a country like the US can be a lifetime opportunity. There is a reason why it has emerged as a leading country and is known for its supreme quality education. Thus, ensure to put on your thinking cap, go through these crucial aspects diligently, and prepare remarkably for your study abroad journey in the US. Get, set, go and live that American dream today!