The essential part of your degree is your dissertation. If you want to graduate with homophonous must write your dissertation well-researched and well-structured with no mistakes. Writing a dissertation is highly challenging because it requires in-depth knowledge, logical reasoning, writing, and communication skills.
The information you use in your dissertation is the key element that affects your dissertation. It would be best to look at the research topic and understand the task of your research before writing your dissertation. You can collect your required information and data using the primary research method. As a student, you must have an understanding of how to conduct research and collect information and data about the topic using this type of research method. So before discussing the process of researching using primary research, you first need to understand its concept.
What Is Primary Research?
Using the primary research method, you can collect data and information in its most basic forms. It is the most challenging and time-consuming research method because it involves interviewing or surveying people. The sources from where you collect the information and data using this research method are verified sources. That are:
Now you understand the principle of the primary research method. So let’s start; this article will provide a complete guide on collecting information using primary research.
Complete Guide On Conducting Primary Research
Understand What Type Of Data You Require For Your Dissertation
Before conducting primary research, your first step is understanding what type of data you require to complete your dissertation. There are three types of data you can use in your dissertation.
- Primary data– it is the data and information that you can collect it from primary sources. Results obtained from primary data are more accurate and can apply on a large scale. When you are doing your undergraduate or masters dissertation, then you mostly use primary data.
- Secondary data– it is the data and information you collect from secondary sources. This type of data is also known as second-hand data because it was interpreted, analysed, and summarised by another researcher. Collecting secondary data is easier than primary data because, in this research, you don’t have to conduct any interviews or surveys.
- Big data– this is the most complex data type. Due to this, students avoid using this type of data in their undergraduate and graduate dissertations.
Select Your Research Methodology
When researching information and data using primary research, you have the option of selecting research methodologies such as qualitative and quantitative research methodology.
- Qualitative research methodology- in this research method, you use the data and information that is collected by yourself. You can’t rely on the previously collected data from other researchers or students. This research methodology is useful for those topics that are not being explored.
- Quantitative research methodology- in this research method, you use previous data and information that other researchers collect.
So, before conducting research using primary research, identify the nature of the topic and select your research methodology.
Determine The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Your Research Methodology.
Before collecting information and data using primary research, you need to find the advantages and disadvantages of your research methodology.
The advantage of using qualitative research methodology is that you can collect detailed data and in-depth knowledge. Another advantage of using the qualitative research method is that you can interpret the collected data according to your requirements.
On the other hand, the qualitative research method also has some disadvantages. It requires a lot of time and analytical abilities to separate your required information from the data and information. It is more difficult to interpret and give recommendations using the analysis of raw information and data.
Choose Your Action
After selecting the research methodology for your dissertation, your next step is to choose a suitable action. This action is an outline of your procedure to conduct primary research to collect data using interviews, surveys, and questionnaires.
Analyse Your Collected Data
After collecting information and data from primary research methods, your next task is to analyse the data. For this sake, you first have to find the data relevant to your research from your entire data collection and then interpret it. Although interpreting and analysing the original data is very difficult because it requires logical thinking and analysing power. However, if you are unable to analyse the collected data, hire dissertation writing services. Their experts will analyse your collected data for your research.
Dissertation writing is the most significant part of your studies and plays an important role in its completion. To perfectly write your dissertation you need to collect the information and data from various sources. You can use the primary research method to collect data and information if your research topic is new and no previous research can be conducted on it.